Representative 2,986% APR
Amount of credit: £200.00
Duration: 28 days
Total amount payable in one installment: £260.00
Interest Rate: 360% p.a (fixed)
Representative 2986% APR
Would a loan from Cash Genie be right for you?
We offer short term, emergency loans. To find out more about whether our loans are suitable for you, click here.
We charge £30 for every £100 borrowed. Click here for more about the charges we apply.
If you are not able to pay back on the agreed payment date, it may be possible for you to extend the borrowing period, click here to know more.
We collect payment via continuous payment authority. For details of what this is and how it would apply to you, click here.
If you miss your payment, you will have to pay default charges. To find out more about the consequences of missing payments, click here.
We seek only to lend to those who can afford to pay back their loan. To find out more about our affordability requirements, click here.
Terms and Conditions of the Agreement
1. In this Agreement, the following words have particular meaning as set out below:
"Additional Charge" means:
- a charge equal to 30% of the Second Repayment; or
- in clause 11, 30% of the amount we lend to you each month which amount reduces by 12.5% in each consecutive month until the amount of the Second Repayment has been paid in full.
"Agreement" means this agreement between you and us.
"Debit Card Details" means your debit card details you provided to us when entering into this Agreement or such other debit card details as you have told us about since entering into this Agreement for the purposes of repaying amounts due under it.
"Employed" means in full time employment on a PAYE basis and not self-employed.
"First Repayment" means the first repayment due on the Repayment Due Date.
"Payment Anniversary" means the same date as the Repayment Due Date in the month following the month in which the Total Amount Payable is due and consecutive months thereafter or, if that date in the month after the Repayment Due Date or consecutive months after falls on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, the last working day before it.
"Repayment Due Date" the date stated in this Agreement as the date on which you must repay the Total Amount Payable.
"Second Repayment" means the second repayment due on the Repayment Due Date.
"Total Amount Payable" means the amount of credit and charges you have to repay on the Repayment Due Date.
"We", "us" and "our" means Ariste Holding Limited Trading as Cash Genie.
"Working Day" means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday, bank holiday or other public holiday in the UK.
"You" and "your" means the customer whose details appear at the top of this agreement.
2. This Agreement is between you and us and comes into force on the date that it has been signed by you and us or on our behalf.
3. Our loans are only available to people who:
3.1 are 18 or over;
3.2 have a residential address in the United Kingdom;
3.3 are employed and earning at least £500 per month;
3.4 have a current bank account and debit card;
3.5 have not or are not:
3.5.1 currently on any kind of unpaid leave from their job;
3.5.2 under notice of redundancy;
3.5.3 the subject of any disciplinary action which may cause their employment to
3.5.4 tendered their resignation or intend to do so before the Repayment Due
3.6 are not bankrupt, in any kind of debt management plan, entering into a trust deed or
bankruptcy or Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
4. By signing this Agreement you confirm that you meet our requirements as set out in clause 3 and expect to do so for the duration of this Agreement.
5. You agree that we may contact you at your place of employment to verify that you work there. If we speak to someone other than you, we will not reveal the fact that you have applied for a loan with us or disclose any personal data to any other person.
6. You must tell us as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 5 days if you change:
6.1 your residential address;
6.2 your home telephone number;
6.3 your mobile telephone number;
6.4 your email address;
6.5 your work address;
6.6 your work telephone number;
6.7 your bank account details; or
6.8 your Debit Card Details.
7. You agree to repay the Total Amount Payable on the Repayment Due Date by making 2 repayments to us. The First Repayment will be a payment of the interest due and the Second Repayment will be a repayment of the amount of credit advanced to you under this Agreement including any charge due if you asked us to transfer the amount of credit to your nominated bank account using the faster payments service.
7.1 You agree that if you apply for a loan and you already have an outstanding balance with Ariste Holding Ltd or any of its trading names such as Cash Genie, Payday is Everyday or Txt Me Cash, we may collect the outstanding balance from the account you provide in relation to your application before processing that application.
8. You authorise us to collect payment of the Total Amount Payable in 2 repayments as set out in this Agreement by using your Debit Card Details. You also authorise us to use your Debit Card Details to collect any Additional Charges and the Second Repayment as set out in clauses 9,10, 11 and clause 14. You can tell us at any time that you do not want us to use your Debit Card Details as set out in this clause 8 or clauses 9, 10, 11 and 14 to collect repayments due under this Agreement by calling us on 0845 956 9848 or writing to us at: Cash Genie, 2 Reavell Place, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 0ET.
Please note that if you do tell us not to use your Debit Card Details you will still need to provide an alternative method of repayment to avoid going into default.
9. If we are able to collect the First Repayment on the Repayment Due Date but are unable to collect the Second Repayment on that date, we may defer our right to insist upon repayment of the Total Amount Payable on the Repayment Due Date, in which case:
9.1 you require us to seek to collect the Second Repayment on the next Payment Anniversary;
9.2 an Additional Charge will be payable in respect of the additional period of borrowing; and
9.3 on the next Payment Anniversary we will seek to collect the Additional Charge before the Second Repayment.
10. If we are able to collect the Additional Charge but not the Second Repayment on up to a further 2 Payment Anniversaries, then you require us to repeat the process set out in clause 9 above. However, you may only require us to carry out the process for up to 3 Payment Anniversaries.
11. On the fourth Payment Anniversary after the date of the Agreement, if you do not repay all sums outstanding under this Agreement, we will no longer allow you to extend the borrowing period for the full amount we have lent you. In such circumstances, you must repay:
11.1.1 at least 12.5% of the amount of the Second Repayment on the fourth Payment Anniversary and on each Payment Anniversary thereafter until the full amount of the Second Repayment has been repaid: and
11.1.2 on each Payment Anniversary under clause 11.1.1 the applicable Additional Charge.
12. We will only defer our rights as set out in clause 9,10, and 11 as long as you continue to meet our minimum eligibility criteria including our assessment of your continued ability to afford the loan
- we are unable to collect the First Repayment on the Repayment Due Date;
- we are unable to collect the Additional Charge on the first, second or third Payment Anniversary; or
- we are unable to collect all the sums due under clause 11, clause 14 shall apply.
14. In the event that clause 13 applies, you authorise us to use your Debit Card Details on:
- each Friday;
- every last Working Day of each month;
- each Payment Anniversary or, if we discover the date you told us was your pay day when you applied for this loan is inaccurate, the date which has been confirmed as the day on which you are paid each month in order to recover first the First Repayment or Additional Charge followed by either the remaining balance outstanding at that time or, if we are unable to recover the remaining balance outstanding, the amount of credit. We will only try to recover each of the First Repayment or Additional Charge and the remaining balance outstanding or amount of credit on each of the days listed in the bullet points in this clause 14.
15. We may, from time to time, make changes to the terms and conditions of your Agreement. We will tell you about such changes by writing to you and giving you no less than 30 days notice before the changes take effect. If you do not wish to be affected by the change you can contact us on 0800 046 8121 and end your agreement by repaying all sums due under it. Examples of why we may make a change to the terms and conditions of your Agreement include:
- to respond to changes in your circumstances;
- to take acocunt of changes in the costs of runing our business;
- to provide additional services or to take into account changes in how we operate your agreement;
- to reflect changes in industry practices;
- to meet our legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- to correct errors, omissions, inaccuracies or ambiguities; or
- to reflect changes on our systems, processes or as a result of the introduction of new technology.
16. We may terminate this Agreement and demand repayment of the sums you owe to us under it by serving you with such notice as we are required to provided by law if:
16.1 we discover that our decision to lend to you was based on inaccurate, misleading or incomplete information;
16.2 you cease to comply with clause 3 of this Agreement;
16.3 someone serves a statutory demand on you or any other steps are taken (by you or another person) to make you bankrupt;
16.4 you die; or
16.5 you breach the terms of this Agreement in a significant way.
17. Interest on any sums which you owe to us under this Agreement and which are overdue may continue to be charged after any judgment has been obtained against you.
18. You agree that we may communicate with you by sending notices, information and any statements to you in relation to this Agreement:
18.1 to the most recent address we hold for you;
18.2 by delivery to any email address you have provided to us; or
18.3 by delivery of an SMS to any mobile telephone number you have given to us.
19. We will not send enforcement notices, default notices or termination notices by emai or SMS. Where you have provided us with an email address, we may contact you by email in relation to your agreement and about any issue arising under the Agreement throughout the duration of the Agreement.
20. This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales which will also govern the relationship between you and us before the conclusion of this Agreement. If you are resident in England or Wales, this Agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you are resident in Scotland, the Agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. All communications between you and us will be in English.
21. If we do not strictly enforce our rights under this Agreement (including our right to insist on the repayment of all sums due on the Repayment Due Date) or grant you an indulgence, we will not lose those rights and will not be prevented from insisting upon our strict rights at a later date.
22. There may be other taxes or costs, which are not payable through us or charged by us, which you have to pay in connection with this Agreement.
23. If any clause of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect any other clause which will continue in force.
24. We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreement (including our obligation to lend money to you or the amount you owe under this Agreement) to another person. We will only tell you about such a transfer if it causes the arrangements for the administration of this Agreement to change.
25. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you have agreed that we may do so, we may send you information about our products and services and products offered by others which may be of interest to you. We may also pass your information to other businesses to allow them to send details of their products to you. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you or giving details to others for these purposes by writing to us at: Cash Genie, 2 Reavell Place, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 0ET. You also have a right to access the personal information that we hold about you. You may access your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address above. We charge a £10 administration fee to respond to access requests.
26. By signing this agreement you agree that we may send any notice, copy of agreement or other information or communication in relation to this agreement, to you by electronic mail at the email address(es) provided to us by you during the loan application process or afterwards for purposes connected with this agreement.